Past and Present Visitors
No current visitors.
- Dr. Shiva Sadeghi from Toronto is visiting CQ for a one-year period, from July 2012 to July 2013, under the co-supervision of Dr. Jan Angus in the Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing and Dr. Fiona Webster in the Departmant of Family and Community Medicine. During her stay, Dr. Sadeghi will focus on various topics in the areas of social determinants of health and mental health literacy as well as develop her knowlegde of qualitative research methodologies in the health sciences.
- Dr. Shams Hamid from Pakistan was a Visiting Scholar collaborating with Dr. Joan Eakin in the Dalla Lana School of Public Health from ___ to December 2013. He worked on a study of the use of visual methods in the qualitative health research field and assisted with CQ activities related to the production of video teaching materials.
- Dr. Makie Kawabata from Japan visited with Denise Gastaldo in the Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing for two weeks in summer 2013 to work on qualitative health publication strategies for academics who are not from an Anglo-American country and publishing their work in English.
- Dr. Maria Ines Gandolfo Conceição from Brazil visited CQ for the 2012 calendar year under the co-supervision of Dr. Joan Eakin and Dr. Carol Strike in the Dalla Lana School of Public Health. She focused on qualitative research methods, particularly related to addiction, HIV and harm reduction.
- Dr. Joao Tadeu from Brazil was a Visiting Professor in the Dalla Lana School of Public Health under the supervision of Dr. Blake Poland for a one year period, from August 2011 to July 2012. He focused on the development of master-level qualitative teaching for health science students and qualitative research on health promotion.
- Dr. Dagmar Estermann Meyer from Brazil visited CQ for five weeks in April and May 2012. Working with Dr. Denise Gastaldo in the Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing she developed and gave a presentation on post-critical research and participated in a meeting on global qualitative health research.
- Dr. Marga Miro from Spain visited CQ as a post-doctoral fellow for six weeks in April and May 2010. During her stay, Marga worked with Dr. Joan Eakin in the Dalla Lana School of Public Health and met with other CQ scholars and attended CQ classes and seminars.
- Dr. Malu Bosi from Brazil visited CQ as a senior postdoctoral fellow and worked with Denise Gastaldo in the Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing from July to October 2009.
- Dr. Yolanda Hernandez from Mexico was a visiting scholar of CQ, working with Denise Gastaldo in the Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing for six weeks in August and September 2009.